Impact100 Philadelphia, a collective giving non-profit organization, is sponsoring a Founders Fellowship program to encourage young women to learn about philanthropy, the power of collective giving, and critical issues that affect the Philadelphia region. The Founders Fellowship is available to women between the ages of 25 and 35 who are interested in addressing the vital needs of our community through the collective giving grantmaking movement and who will bring a diverse perspective to Impact100’s process. Preference will be given to women who do not have a familial connection with Impact100 members and who lack the financial resources that would enable them to join. The Fellowship application process will begin in July with the Fellows participating in the work of Impact100 from September through November.
Impact100’s mission is to engage women in philanthropy and collectively fund grants to non-profit organizations in the Philadelphia region. The goal is to provide high-impact grants of $100,000 to organizations that reach underserved populations, raise the profile of lesser-known organizations, and highlight unmet needs in the region. Impact100 members are women, 21 years of age or older, who each contribute a minimum of $575 (ages 21 to 35) or $1,150 (ages 36 and up) annually. The annual membership contribution will be waived for Founders Fellows.
To learn more about Impact100, visit our website at www.impact100philly.org.
For questions about the Founders Fellowship, you can email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founders Fellows will:
- Enjoy full membership benefits including the opportunity to learn how to evaluate grant proposals and award grants.
- Learn about the work that is being done by Philadelphia area non-profits and the challenges they face.
- Become part of the collective giving grantmaking movement.
- Network with and be mentored by a diverse group of women.
Criteria for Founders Fellows Applicants:
- Must be women between the ages 25-35 who have demonstrated a commitment to improving lives in their communities through work, volunteerism, or study.
- Must complete and submit the Founders Fellowship application and a copy of their resume, and must be available for an interview with Impact100 Founders Fellowship Committee members.
- Must reside in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania or Camden County in New Jersey.
Responsibilities of Founders Fellows:
- Attend an orientation and a re-cap meeting at the end of the grant process.
- Participate in the grantmaking process by serving on a focus area committee (3 meetings during the Spring 2018), attend the annual meeting in June and contribute to a project or program of Impact100.
- Attend two education programs and quarterly meetings of the Founders Fellowship committee.
July 11, 2018 – Application available at Impact100philly.org
July 30, 2018 – Application and resume due
Mid-August – Notification of selection for in-person interview
Mid-September – Notification of Fellows
Week of September 25, 2018 – Orientation