Impact100 Philadelphia, a collective giving nonprofit organization, is sponsoring a Founders Fellowship program to encourage young women to learn about philanthropy, the power of collective giving, and critical issues that affect the Philadelphia region. The Founders Fellowship is available to women between the ages of 25 and 35 who are interested in addressing the vital needs of our community through the collective giving grantmaking movement and who will bring a diverse perspective to Impact100 Philadelphia’s process. Preference will be given to women who do not have a familial connection with Impact100 members and who lack the financial resources that would enable them to join. The Fellowship application process will begin in July 2019 with the Fellows participating in the work of Impact100 Philadelphia from September 2019 through November 2020.
Impact100’s Philadelphia’s mission is to engage women in philanthropy and collectively fund grants to non-profit organizations in the Philadelphia region. The goal is to provide high-impact grants of $100,000 to organizations that reach underserved populations, raise the profile of lesser-known organizations, and highlight unmet needs in the region. Impact100 members are women, 21 years of age or older, who each contribute a minimum of $1,150 (ages 36 and above) or $575 (ages 21-35) annually. The annual membership contribution will be waived for Founders Fellows. For questions about the Founders Fellowship, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founders Fellows will:
- Enjoy full membership benefits including the opportunity to learn how to evaluate grant proposals and award grants.
- Learn about the work that is being done by Philadelphia area nonprofits and the challenges they face.
- Become part of the collective giving grantmaking movement.
- Network with and be mentored by a diverse group of women.
Criteria for Founders Fellows Applicants:
- Must be women 25-35 years old, and have demonstrated a commitment to improving lives in their communities through work, volunteerism, or study.
- Must complete and submit the Founders Fellowship application and a copy of their resume, and must be available for an interview with Impact100 Founders Fellowship Committee members.
- Must reside in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities of Founders Fellows
- Attend Impact100’s Fall Kick-Off Event in September.
- Attend an orientation in September and a re-cap meeting at the end of the grant process in June.
- Participate in the grantmaking process by reading 4-5 proposals and serving on a Focus Area Committee (three meetings during Spring 2020).
- Attend the Annual Meeting on the first Monday in June 2020 to hear from our finalists and vote on grant awards.
- Join a Committee and/or assist Committee Co-Chairs throughout the year with a program or project in one or more of the following five areas: Communications, Grants, Membership, Nonprofit Liaison, and Young Philanthropists/Founders Fellowship (Optional for first-year Fellows, expected of returning Fellows).
- Attend at least one education program and the quarterly meetings of the Founders Fellowship committee.
- Participate in two mentoring panels designed for the Founders Fellows.
- July 1, 2019 – Application available at www.impact100philly.org
- July 31, 2019 – Application and resume due
- August 14, 2019 – Notification of selection for in-person interview
- September 4, 2019 – Notification of Fellows
- September 10, 2019 – Impact100 Philadelphia Membership Kickoff
- Week of September 23, 2019 — Orientation