Impact100 Philadelphia, a nonprofit women’s collective giving organization, is committed to addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our membership and our grantmaking. To support this goal, Impact100 sponsors a Founders Fellowship program to encourage young women to learn about philanthropy, the power of collective giving, and critical issues that affect the Philadelphia region. The Founders Fellowship is a one-year commitment, renewed annually, that provides a three-year path to membership. Fellows make no financial contribution in year one, a $250 contribution in year two, and a $450 contribution in year three.
The Founders Fellowship is available to women from the five-county Philadelphia region, between the ages of 25 and 35, who are interested in addressing the vital needs of our community through collective giving grantmaking. We seek, and encourage, applicants of diverse lived experiences to apply, in order to bring valuable perspectives to Impact100 Philadelphia’s process. Preference will be given to women for whom the Young Philanthropist membership fee of $575 might pose a hardship.
The Fellowship application process will begin July 1, 2020, with an application deadline on July 31, 2020. The Fellows will be selected by mid-September and will participate in the work of Impact100 Philadelphia beginning in September 2020.
For questions about the Founders Fellowship, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact100’s Philadelphia’s mission is to engage women in philanthropy and collectively fund grants to non-profit organizations in the Philadelphia region. The goal is to provide high-impact grants of $100,000 to organizations that reach underserved populations, raise the profile of lesser-known organizations, and highlight unmet needs in the region. Impact100 members are women, 21 years of age or older, who each contribute a minimum of $1,150 (ages 36 and above) or $575 (ages 21-35) annually.
Founders Fellows will:
- Enjoy full membership benefits including the opportunity to learn how to evaluate grant proposals and award grants.
- Learn about the work that is being done by Philadelphia area nonprofits and the challenges they face.
- Become part of the collective giving grantmaking movement.
- Network with and be mentored by a diverse group of women.
Criteria for Founders Fellows Applicants:
- Must be women 25-35 years old, and have demonstrated a commitment to improving lives in their communities through work, volunteerism, or study.
- Must complete and submit the Founders Fellowship application and a copy of their resume, and must be available for an interview with Impact100 Founders Fellowship Committee members.
- Must reside in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities of Founders Fellows
- Attend Impact100’s Fall Kick-Off Event in September.
- Attend an orientation in September and a re-cap meeting at the end of the grant process in June.
- Participate in the grantmaking process by reading 4-5 proposals and serving on a Focus Area Committee (three meetings during Spring 2021).
- Attend the Annual Meeting on the first Monday in June 2021 to hear from our finalists and vote on grant awards.
- Join a Committee and/or assist Committee Co-Chairs throughout the year with a program or project in one or more of the following five areas: Communications, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Grants, Membership, Nonprofit Liaison, and Young Philanthropists/Founders Fellowship (Optional for first-year Fellows, expected of returning Fellows).
- Attend at least one education program and the quarterly meetings of the Founders Fellowship committee.
- July 1, 2020 – Application available at www.impact100philly.org
- July 31, 2020 – Application and resume due
- August 14, 2020 – Notification of selection for in-person interview
- September 7, 2020 – Notification of Fellows
- September 2020 TBA – Impact100 Philadelphia Membership Kickoff
- Week of September 21, 2020 — Orientation